qt-copy patch 0180

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Jan 29 23:22:00 GMT 2008

On Ășt 29. ledna 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > a different Qt version will cause trouble as well. In fact, that seems
> > to be a feature: 149         if (version != QObjectPrivateVersion)
> >150             qFatal("Cannot mix incompatible Qt libraries");
>
> Exactly. QtUiTools cannot use the private inheritance tree for that
> reason.

 Given that QUiLoader is a QObject, that will be quite hard to avoid without
breaking compatibility somehow. In fact I'm afraid I cannot come up with a
single way, no matter how hackish. Either binary compatibility with upstream
Qt is broken, even if only one way, or (if I'm getting that Plasma code
right) any use of scripting in Plasma will make it abort when any of x,y,z in
Qtx.y.z changes. I guess ignoring the problem and going with the latter is a
simpler option.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz