qt-copy patch 0180

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Jan 29 21:08:09 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 29 of January 2008, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  The real problem seems to be that QtUiTools uses Qt internals such as
> QObjectPrivate, and it is a static library, so it gets included into
> libplasma, making libplasma depend on Qt internals.
>
>  I don't think that's my fault, but I'll see what I can do about avoiding
> this with the #0180 patch.

 Actually, thinking of this, it's a question whether it's worth trying to find
some ugly hack to avoid the problem. If you're worried that somebody replaces
their Qt and this makes Plasma fall flat on its face, then you can get
worried about Qt updates too, as there's a chance that a different Qt version
will cause trouble as well. In fact, that seems to be a feature:
149         if (version != QObjectPrivateVersion)
150             qFatal("Cannot mix incompatible Qt libraries");

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz