KDE and the executable bit

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Mon Jan 28 19:00:44 GMT 2008

On Monday, 28. January 2008, Richard Moore wrote:
> If we were to have a dialog, then I think something like this would be
> a little better:
>
> [ X ] Open terminal when executing
> [ Execute script ]  [ Open in With \/ ] [ Cancel ]
>
> Now a button with a drop down of all the apps that can support the
> mime-type with the default if you just click it being to open with the
> default application.

I was just being consistent with the standard Konqueror dialog for downloading
files. Also, the "Open with" actions are available in the context menu
anyways, so they're not necessarily necessary.

That said, an [ Open in Kate \/ ] button would probably be nice as well.

Well, what the heck, I'm not going to code it anyways...

Cheers,
  Jakob!