debugging plasma ?

Marc Espie espie at nerim.net
Sun Jan 27 12:50:25 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 01:54:20AM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:
> I've managed to compile a large part of kde 4.0 on OpenBSD. A lot of it runs.
>
> However, when starting kde itself, plasma crashes.
>
> Built the workspace with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:String=Debug
>
> Even with -nocrashhandler -nodesktop, I can't seem to figure out exactly
> where it crashes (thanks to multiple threads, I'm afraid).

Just to follow up: I've mostly isolated the problem.

It seems that qimage.fill() crashes in the renderthread.

It seems likely we have some sse2 alignment issues. The fact that this happens
in a 2nd thread, and that qt_memfill32_sse2  has some alignment constraints
is probably not coincidental.

I have some work-around in place, and I'm making progress on actually fixing
the issue.