Should we switch from KDE_fseek to QT_FSEEK, etc. ? was: Re: kmail doesn't compile from trunk on Slackware GNU/Linux

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri Jan 25 13:46:17 GMT 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008 08:21:03 Giovanni Venturi wrote:
> Alle giovedì 24 gennaio 2008, Jarosław Staniek ha scritto:
> > try
> >   devel at pavilion:~/kde4-sources/trunk/kdepim> grep -r -n "KDE_fseek" *
> >
> > I mean the commit to kdepim/kmail/.  So please change KDE_fseek .. fseek
> > locally before I commit to kmail later.
> > KDElibs changes have to wait a bit.
>
> Ok. I attached the patch. Can I commit?

No.
We either need to rewrite to use QFile
or we need to use  QT_FSEEK and QT_FTELL
or we need to figure out something else..

all because the kde_file.h shipped with kdelibs 4.0.0
was missing 1 simple #if !defined(_GNU_SOURCE).
Grrr...

Giovanni, in the meantime.. there's no way you can
update to a kdelibs from branch or trunk?  Either one
should work.

-Allen