Porting DrKonqi away from K3Process: problem with working directory

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jan 19 17:09:43 GMT 2008

On 19.01.08 15:33:41, Urs Wolfer wrote:
> On Saturday 19 January 2008 15:07:57 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 02:41:09PM +0100, Urs Wolfer wrote:
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > neither the old nor the new drkonqi code makes any attempt to set the
> > wd. i have no idea why the old code worked; k3process certainly has no
> > relevant black magic. maybe it was because of using a shell.
>
> Ok, it looks like. Any replacement for using a shell? Otherwise, we cannot
> port it away from K3Process...

It would be better to make it work without a shell, i.e. find out where
exactly the current working dir is used.

Apart from that, KProcess has support for running the process in a
shell.

> > > +  m_proc->setOutputChannelMode(KProcess::MergedChannels);
> >
> > sounds sort of right, but isn't what the old code did. must mentioning
> > it.
>
> Without that it does not work. And the old code K3Process::All, isn't that for
> reading all channels?

Yes, but it doesn't connect to the stderr signal, i.e. it tells
K3Process it wants all channels but ignores stderr. All != Merged.

Andreas

--
You will probably marry after a very brief courtship.