Release Schedule post-4.0

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Fri Jan 18 15:30:56 GMT 2008

Good morning,

The release-team has worked out a -- very rough -- schedule for the upcoming
releases.

This means that we will be releasing KDE 4.1 in July later this year, and do
time-based releases every six months. The reasoning behind this is easier
planning for us and our partners.

With this release schedule we align our releases with downstream (distros) and
make it easier for them to ship KDE.

We still need to work out some 'details', such as how our cycles will look
like exactly, when our codebase goes into freeze and so on. This is very much
a heads-up for those not able to follow the release-team mailinglist.

Have a nice release-party,
--
sebas