KColorCollection and KColorEdit

Percy Camilo Triveño Aucahuasi orgyforever at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:16:08 GMT 2008

Hello folks, I'm Percy Triveño. I'm currently working with the maintenance
of KColorEdit together with Artur Rataj. Artur is no longer maintain the
application so I have to ported to the new KDE4 API and fix some bugs.

I found this class in kdelibs : "KColorCollection". The autor of this class
is Waldo Bastian but He no longer actively involved with KDE development so
He suggest me to send a mail to kde-core-devel at kde.org mailinglist for
feedback/review and commit your changes directly if there are no objections.

KColorEdit needs to save and load palettes files, but this class only can
save but can't load files directly (except the KDE palettes files), Artur
Rataj wrote some code to load files, and also I wrote a few lines to add and
remove a color.

What can I do to add this features? Would I send you some patches? or Can I
do commits directly?. By the way, I have already an account to the kde svn
repository, so I can do commints.

If you agree then you don't have to worry, I know that this class belong to
kdelibs so all the current interface of the class will not change. Only add
this features:

* Capability to Load palette files.
* Insert colors/names.
* Delete colors/names.