Giving up our applications' identity? (was: Re: KDE)

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Jan 15 19:43:44 GMT 2008

I'd like to start off by apologising for my "screwing around" phrasing. It
certainly wasn't intended to be derogatory. It is how I think of this type
of "changing a line here or there" work (as opposed to working on a single
new feature or bug report) when I do it.

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 12:36:38 am Sven Burmeister wrote:
> On Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008, Brad Hards wrote:
> > If you want to screw around with icons, perhaps fixing things that don't
> > have icons would be better than rebranding existing stuff? See
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SebastianVahl/KDE4MissingIcons
>
> Maybe you should add to
> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/Oxygen/KDE4_Missing_Icons
> rather than starting your own list. Why should oxygen artists bother to
> have a look at distro's sites if there is already one within KDE?
Note that I didn't start the list, and haven't edited it - I just came across
a link to it while trying to sort out an xorg server issue on Fedora.

I'm personally not that concerned. If I have trouble finding an application
(because of the start menu, I just start it from the command line.

I'll point the original dude to it.

Brad