Wrong external reference in kdebase blocking kdesvn-build

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Mon Jan 14 13:51:59 GMT 2008

> Now, I've hit another, blocking problem: thanks to the fact
> that I have a KDE svn account I can access the repository
> with the https protocol, but at some point when updating
> kdebase (not quite the optional module !) svn exits with an
> error message trying to access anonsvn.kde.org which is not
> visible from behind a firewall :-( I guess this may well have
> slept through as not so many people are behind firewalls...
> Tracking the problem shows it's an external reference in
> workspace/kwin/clients/oxygen/
>
> 10:09 brisset dans /home/local/SRC_ARCHIVE/kdesvn/kdebase <46>
> > svn propget svn:externals workspace/kwin/clients/oxygen/
> lib
> svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/kstyl
> es/oxygen/lib
OK, looking a bit harder I found a workaround on
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Sources/Anonymous_SVN by
modifying the svn:externals property locally. I just had to use
https://username@svn.kde.org/... instead of svn:// because I have not
only a firewall but also a proxy to go through, but it should be OK as
long as I don't start committing stuff in kdebase :-)

Thanks for this exciting release, I can't wait to see my colleagues'
jaws drop when I first launch KDE 4.0 :-)
BTW, after it works on Linux (close now), I'll try it on Solaris, albeit
with a Gnu toolchain. I'll let Adrian and Stefan work on the more
difficult problem of compiling it with a Sun toolchain :-) Good luck,
guys !

Nicolas