libgoya - possibly in kdelibs ?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jan 15 09:45:35 GMT 2008

On 14.01.08 23:41:04, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I really know we should focus on 4.0.x and stability before smoking crack for
> 4.1. Anyway I have been doing some work for the Goya infraestructure, which
> is right now at playground/libs. It is kde-independant, and despite the
> kDebug() lines only depends on Qt.
>
> Since I'm quite new for this kind of things on the project, I would like to
> know some things:
>
> - Could it be possible to move the library from playground to
> kdelibs/kdeui/itemviews ?

I'm not objecting (neither am I advocating) the move, but the "usual
rule" for a class or a complete new library to get into kdelibs is to
have at least 2 apps in KDE that need the library.

> Now that I said the reason of its existence, I can say where it could be
> needed: for sure KPluginSelector (kdelibs/kutils) and kuiserver
> (kdebase/runtime).

So you probably need to find another app in trunk/ that could use goya
and benefit from it.

Andreas

--
Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded.