Giving up our applications' identity? (was: Re: KDE)

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Jan 15 07:47:54 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 03:54:09 Jakob Petsovits wrote:

> My assumption here was that KMail is mostly used as part of Kontact and
> therefore doesn't need to be specifically branded (same reasoning for
> KOrganizer and KAddressBook, btw) so I assigned it the generic icon.
> It's certainly not a deterministic question on how to draw the line here,
> and I'd also be fine with KMail going back to a branded kmail icon.

One of the key features of Kontact is that it fully supports running all the
individual components stand-alone as well, so each app which is part of
Kontact has and maintains its own identity. So I think we should really keep
the individual brands (especially KMail and also KOrganizer). They have a
long tradition and it would be a loss to give them up.