Wrong external reference in kdebase blocking kdesvn-build

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Mon Jan 14 09:33:02 GMT 2008

Hi,

I was just trying to build KDE4 with kdesvn-build (to be able to sync
with the 4.0 branch easily as things are quite in flux right now) from
behind a firewall. By the way, in case one of you can help I'd like to
mention that the "branch 4.0" option in the global section of
~/.kdesvn-buildrc does not seem to be taken into account, but that's not
blocking as I was able to use override-url options.
Now, I've hit another, blocking problem: thanks to the fact that I have
a KDE svn account I can access the repository with the https protocol,
but at some point when updating kdebase (not quite the optional module
!) svn exits with an error message trying to access anonsvn.kde.org
which is not visible from behind a firewall :-( I guess this may well
have slept through as not so many people are behind firewalls...
Tracking the problem shows it's an external reference in
workspace/kwin/clients/oxygen/

10:09 brisset dans /home/local/SRC_ARCHIVE/kdesvn/kdebase <46>
> svn propget svn:externals workspace/kwin/clients/oxygen/
lib
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/kstyles/oxygen/
lib

Now, I don't know how that's supposed to work. I have looked at how it
is set up for admin/ in kdesupport, and that's what I see:

10:10 brisset dans /home/local/SRC_ARCHIVE/kdesvn/kdesupport <49>
> svn propget svn:externals .
admin https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin

So I could do the same in kdebase, but then I wonder how it's supposed
to work for anonsvn.kde.org users. I guess there's a trick as I suppose
the admin/ stuff works in KDE 3.5 but I wouldn't want to break things
here !
Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Nicolas