KPluginLoader: LD_LIBRARY_PATH Issues

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Sat Jan 12 21:27:37 GMT 2008

Hi

If LD_LIBRARY_PATH has not been exported, KPluginLoader has sometimes issues
to load plugins. This is the case if a plugin depends on another library.

You can see this behavior with the SuperKaramba plugin in plasma or the KGet
torrent plugin, which links agains the ktorrent library. These plugins cannot
be loaded when LD_LIBRARY_PATH has not been set.

I have already looked at this problem with Alexander Neuendorf if it could be
an rpath issue. After some tests, we came to the conclusions that this should
not be the problem.

Any ideas if that is a problem on my setup? Can anybody else reproduce this
issue?

Bye
urs