Applications not being launched from applications: protocol

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jan 4 14:40:06 GMT 2008

On Monday 31 December 2007, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Going a bit further this can be even better. Now, the change I refer to is:
>
> http://media.ereslibre.es/2007/12/kdelibs-servicerelated.diff

Nonsense patch, sorry; this code worked fine in KDE3 :-)

The bugs were in dolphinpart (didn't set mimetype not trustedSource in the args)
and in konqmainwindow (the behavior change compared to kde3 comes from the
fact that application/x-desktop now derives from text/plain so we get applications
that claim to be able to open desktop files, while in kde3 we didn't).
Fixed both now.

PS: you don't need to CC both kde-core-devel AND kfm-devel. One of the two is enough :)