[patch] save "Lock/Unlock Toolbars" state

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Thu Jan 3 10:54:36 GMT 2008

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:28:21 pm Urs Wolfer wrote:
> On Thursday 03 January 2008 08.07:26 Germain Garand wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The attached patch fixes the "Lock/Unlock Toolbars" feature so that its
> > state is remembered accross application restart.
> >
> > It also fixes a bug in KToolBar where the Lock/Unlock toggling in the
> > toolbar contextual menu would go out of sync form one toolbar to the
> > other.
> >
> > May I commit?
>
> Looks fine and works here.
>
> One think should probably be changed: it's a toggle action, so the text
> should not change IMHO (atm there is a checkbox before "Unlock Toolbar",
> which is wrong). I know that you have not changed that behavior.

I wrote this feature and agree that you shouldn't have both the check box and
the text change.  Which one of those two goes I'll leave to popular vote or
usability opinion... though maybe the checkbox should be the one to go
(kicker in kde 3.5 does it with text/icon change and no check box).

Cheers,
Hamish.