changing the parent of a KConfigGroup

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jan 2 05:43:48 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 01 January 2008, kde.braxton at gmail.com wrote:
> this shouldn't break anything, because if you look at fullName() it
> recursively calls parent->fullName(mName). So changing parents, it
> should return the correct name. The problem seems to be that the way
> this is written, it can't work because the _actual_ entries in the
> entryMap are not changed to the new name.

so now that we've both stated the problem, what's the solution? ;) as i said:

"i'm not sure how to re-jig the entry map in KConfig as there's a fair amount
of black magic in there still. this is the point i'm hoping someone can pop
up and offer some quick guidance on."

so .. yes, how do we change the actual entries in the entryMap in the most
sane way?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se