passing POD by value with const qualifiers. Silly or not?

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 20:26:25 GMT 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Ariya Hidayat <ariya at kde.org> wrote:
> >  And if you change it (intentionally or not), what happens ? Anything ?
>
>  You can't. It will give a compile error.

Yes, i know. And not only it's orthogonal to this thread, but it begs
a more fundamental question: why would anyone ever try to modify a
function argument passed by value. I think the point of the thread was
about whether or not to allow constness mismatches in function
arguments in the declaration and  the definition.

I'm still waiting for a technical rationale for ever doing either of these.

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.