KMaiL: Can't setup D-Bus service. Probably already running.

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Feb 21 14:27:49 GMT 2008

Jarosław Staniek schrieb:
> Hello
> I am getting
>
> <unknown program name>(3852)/: KUniqueApplication: Can't setup D-Bus service.
> Probably already running.
>
> in KUniqueApplication::start() when starting KMail on Windows another time.
>
> QDBusConnectionInterface::registerService("org.kde.kmail") returns
> DBUS_REQUEST_NAME_REPLY_EXISTS.
>
> I have no other kmail process started so I am wondering how to avoid such
> cases in general for KUniqueApps.

Jaruslav, i tried this recently with amarok 4.00.61 and could not
reproduce this problem. I'm running the following command in a command
line shell:

cmd>dbus-launch
cmd>start klauncher
cmd>start kded

(this commands are choosed to avoid issues which could haven with
dbus-daemon autostart)

cmd>amarok

-> close amarok

cmd>amarok

-> amarok comes up without problem

second sequence:

cmd>amarok
cmd>amarok

-> then I got the above mentioned message, which is expected

Ralf