[INFO] Goya strategy

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Mon Feb 18 22:51:44 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I have copied playground/libs/goya to branches/work/goya. There we will be worki
ng on an experimental try of what WoC does, for letting random widgets being add
ed to itemviews.

I have just copied for now the important files that are for this purpose on playg
round, but haven't done any changes yet.

There is a nice thing in Goya that I would like to remind: you create an instanc
e of a button and you use that button for 1 row, or 1000 rows, so memory does no
t suffer. I don't see the case of the WoC strategy this easy, but is worth trying
. What is for sure is that it is not acceptable to create a widget for each row,
that would directly kill the memory.

If the branch does not success, and we fail there, it would be time to move Goya
to kdereview. After being there, moving it to kdelibs (I am pretty confident this
will be almost for sure for KDE 4.1). If the branch successes, it depends on how
fast we go, and in that case Goya could be shipped (or not) with KDE 4.1.

I just wanted to tell in public what is the strategy of Goya subsystem.

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López.