Reporting printing bugs

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Feb 18 10:54:38 GMT 2008

On Monday 18 February 2008 11:31:32 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> On Montag, 18. Februar 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > We need a lot more information in order to fix it. Code and CUPS
> > configuration, for starters, and whether other (non-Qt but using libcups)
> > applications can print.
>
> So for users it got more complicated to report bugs, because a) they cannot
> use bko and b) they are supposed to be devs rather than users, i.e. submit
> code. Am I wrong?

Yes.

This is no different than what we had for KDE 3. kdeprint was not dumping
ground for all printing-related bugs.

Report it against the application that is failing. If it's a kde-wide problem,
report it against kdelibs. (In the latter case, it's probably a Qt problem).

But we still need more information either way. "Can't print" isn't a bug
report.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358