decibel and dbus names

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Feb 17 09:03:37 GMT 2008

hi all..

i see decibel is in kdereview. nice =)

i did notice that the dbus service that comes with it is prefixed with
de.basyskom (Eva's company, which is (was?) working on decibel). if decibel
is going to be merged into kde libraries and shipped as part of that, should
the dbus name be org.kde or are we ok with company names slipping into our
dbus interfaces?

on the one hand i understand the desire for basyskom to have their name on it,
other the other it makes the KDE interfaces less consistent and if every
company involved starting doing this we'd have a rainbow of fruit flavours in
our dbus addresses.

thoughts?

--
Aaron J. Seigo