need help with docbook

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Sat Feb 16 19:47:53 GMT 2008

On Saturday 16 February 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
| Hi,
|
| we have quite a few cmake modules in KDE, all/most of them are documented
| at the top of the file.
| cmake cvs can generate documentation also for custom modules, if they are
| in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH, as text, html file and man page.
| All this doesn't help a lot if we want to put these docs on some webpage
| like techbase.
| Would docbook be an appropriate output format ?

DocBook would make is easy to view with KHelpCenter and is what we use for all
KDE documentation. The choice is really yours with this.

| If so, are there different types of docbook, i.e. would we need some
| KDE-specific version ?

KDE uses DocBook/XML, a very easy markup language for writing quick and
efficient documentation.

| If not, I'd like to add support for creating the documentation as docbook
| to cmake, so we can easily get the docs and convert them to a format we
| like.
|
| But since I know almost nothing about docbook, I need help with this.
| Attached you can find a shortened version of cmake documentation in html
| format.
| It would be nice if somebody could "translate" that file to docbook and
| send it to me. I guess that would be enough so I could add docbook support
| to cmake.
| (the 3 item list at the top is something like a TOC)
|
| Thanks
| Alex

I can convert this to DocBook for you and will get it back to you sometime
today.

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org