Problem with ksycoca on windows

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Feb 15 13:05:20 GMT 2008

Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> On Friday 15 February 2008 13:22:09 Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>>> We can also dump our mmap code since QFile has mmap support now in 4.4.
>>>
>> You are refering to QSharedMemory class or something else ?
>>

> http://doc.trolltech.com/main-snapshot/qfile.html#map

I see, the main interesting point is
... A file should be open for a map to succeed but the file does not
need to stay open after the memory has been mapped.

which means after mapping and closing the file it is internal handled as
DLL (procexp show it) and could be renamed to make place for an updated
file. I made a related testcase yesterday.

Ralf