trunk/qt-copy: Qt 4.4. Qt 4.3.x for KDE 4.0 from /branches/qt/4.3

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 14 21:57:17 GMT 2008

On Thursday 14 February 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > trunk/qt-copy has switched over to Qt 4.4. please use branches/qt/4.3 for
> > developing KDE 4.0.
>
> Will KDE 4.1 require Qt 4.4?

Yes.

> Can we now use 4.4 features in trunk without preprocessor version checks?

I would suggest to wait a bit with that so developers have some time to update
their qt-copy, otherwise they will simply notice that something doesn't build
anymore, and this is always quite frustrating.
At least this is what I did the three times a new version of cmake was
required, at least two weeks in advance.

Alex