[patch] KProtocolManager (kio/kio) extensions for application-specific user agent string

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Feb 8 11:39:56 GMT 2008

Hans Meine said the following, On 2008-02-08 10:42:
> Am Mittwoch, 06. Februar 2008 14:34:59 schrieb Jarosław Staniek:
>> +  struct utsname unameBuf;
>> +  if ( 0 != uname( &unameBuf ) )
>> +    return false;
>> +#ifdef Q_WS_WIN
>> +  // we do not use unameBuf.sysname information constructed in kdewin32
>> +  // because we want to get separate name and version
>> +  systemName = QLatin1String( "Windows" );
>
> Is there a good reason why kdewin32 does not fill unameBuf.sysname and
> unameBuf.release with separate information in the first place?  (Disclaimer:
> Did not look at that, just read the above.)

uname() from kdewin32 returns a more carefully crafted sysname as (example):

"Microsoft Windows"
and release as "5.0 (2000 Professional)"

It's good for general use (more human-friendly) but for user-agent strings I
believe we need some similarity to UNIX (and to already existing user agents
on windows like these in Thunderbird) -- "Windows/5.0" is such.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek