kcmkeys (was Re: Global shortcuts and i18n)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Feb 6 15:09:08 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 06 of February 2008, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> KDE3:
> +/-  only desktop components show up in kcmkeys (the - is there because you
> disagree, but for me this is clear +)
> + no additional complications for kdedglobalaccel (this is +++, as far as
> I'm concerned)
> + simple to do grouping and ordering
> + no arbitrary grouping by whichever executable the action is actually
> handled by
> + not having code in kdelibs for only kcmkeys

 Oh, and one more:

+ You don't have to run the app first in order to see its keys in kcmkeys.

 Which somehow only stresses my points about not using kcmkeys or strict
conflict resolution for normal apps.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz