Special characters in KConfig

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Feb 6 13:05:32 GMT 2008

 Hello,

 I've just spent 2+ hours trying to write a trivial kconf_update script.
Unsuccessfully. Because of the @%^!^@!^!! idea to use 1 (not '1', but numeric
1) as separator in KGlobalAccel items, used as keys for KConfig. And, after
that, I noticed KConfig itself does something similar intentionally, with
http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=740551 replacing the rather obvious
and intuitive '/' with '\x01d' as the group separator (in nested groups).

 Now, the questions I have, are:
- how the hell is one supposed to handle either of those with kconf_update
- dtto, with kreadconfig/kwriteconfig
- will somebody have a problem with me making KConfig simply assert on any
non-printable character in key or group name, and use '/' again for groups?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz