libgoya - possibly in kdelibs ?

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Sat Feb 2 02:28:34 GMT 2008

On Feb 2, 2008, at 1:29 AM, David Faure wrote:

> On Friday 01 February 2008, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 1, 2008, at 8:26 PM, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am very close to be ready for making the move from playground to
>>> kdereview
>>> for Goya. I would like to get it into kdeui.
>>
>> The files in playground/libs/goya/tests seem to be an example and not
>> autotests, do you have autotests somewhere?
>
> When Trolltech shares the autotests for its widgets maybe we can write
> autotests for our own widgets more easily ;-)

Writing autotests for widgets isn't that complicated.  Call each
functions and test their behavior.  Use can use QTest to send mouse
and key event and QSignalSpy is there to help you out.  Put in some
edge cases and I promise you that your code will be better off for
very little time invested.  I have even wrote a little tool to help
get you started: http://benjamin-meyer.blogspot.com/2007/11/auto-test-
stub-generator.html   You might not test painting, but there sure is
a lot you can do without much work.

-Benjamin Meyer