A patchset for KSSL's error messages

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 2 00:43:07 GMT 2008

On Friday 01 February 2008, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008 6:00 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
>

> > Can you rework the enum change in a way that preserves the current values untouched,
> > and adds all the new values after them?
>
> The problem is that many of the old names are either ambivalent or, in
> some cases, simply wrong. Would it be OK if I kept the old versions of
> everything I changed on seperate lines, marking them to be essentially
> obsolete, making a note that they should be removed at some point?

Yes but they have to stay _first_ so that their value doesn't change.

        enum KSSLValidation {   Unknown, Ok, NoCARoot, InvalidPurpose,
-                               PathLengthExceeded, InvalidCA, Expired,
-                               SelfSigned, ErrorReadingRoot, NoSSL,
-                               Revoked, Untrusted, SignatureFailed,
-                               Rejected, PrivateKeyFailed, InvalidHost,
-                               Irrelevant, SelfSignedChain
+                               PathLengthExceeded, InvalidCA,
+                               GetIssuerCertFailed, DecodeIssuerPublicKeyFailed,
+                               GetIssuerCertLocallyFailed,
[...]

Expired was assigned the value 6, it has to stay at that position, while with your patch
it became a much greater value.

Just keep the initial values unchanged, at the beginning of the enum, and add all the new values _after_ them.