KJobUiDelegate vs. KJobTrackerInterface

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Dec 29 21:38:38 GMT 2008

On 29.12.08 18:15:34, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> On Monday 29 December 2008 18:09:05 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I was wondering why both KJobUiDelegate and KJobTrackerInterface have a
> > hook to react to warnings emitted from the job? Is that just something that
> > didn't get cleaned up before the 4.0 release?
>
> IMO it's more a KJobUiDelegate thing, but I kept it on KJobTrackerInterface
> too as some trackers might want to show the latest warning issued by a job for
> instance.
>
> So yeah, not a missing cleanup, more making some room for flexibility.

Ah, ok. It was just a bit confusing at first to see warning on both, but no
error on the jobtracker interface, but after checking the code its obvious
thats not needed as the error-support in ui-delegate is using the finished
signal, which the tracker has direct access to.

If you don't mind I'll add a small sentence to both class api dox to
describe the purpose of each of them. At least to me the classnames didn't
reveal that completely by themselves :)

Andreas

--
Try to have as good a life as you can under the circumstances.