Styles, QSS and KMainWindow

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 13:43:58 GMT 2008

Hello everyone,

today I was playing around with some qss styles for a KDE application (KMess).
Everything worked correctly, except from background settings. It looks like
every background: directive on the main widget embedded in a KMainWindow is
ignored. I tried setting the background directive to all QWidgets, and all the
widgets behaved correctly, except the ones embedded in the KMainWindow.

This brings me to believe that the style of every widget that gets as a parent
KMainWindow gets overridden by KDE. Is there a way to avoid this? If not, I
think we should give the possibility from 4.3 on, since QSS is really powerful
and is surely an option we should give. Forgot to mention: the same thing in a
Qt-only application works correctly.

Cheers
Dario