Can't use --nofork for KUniqueApplications from another kde process

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 22:45:30 GMT 2008

> Not sure if that means much, but i can launch two "konsole --nofork" from a
> shell. If i can do that why kdevelop can't?

Konsole checks whether it was started from a new terminal and if so, passes
the KUniqueApplication::NotUniqueInstance argument to
KUniqueApplication::start() to make
the application use a new process instead of an existing one.  You
could make Konsole do this
if --nofork is passed as well - although that would make the behavior
different from other single-instance
KDE processes, which don't permit multiple --nofork instances.

Regards,
Robert.