[Patch] Fix undeleted "static QFont *_font" in kglobalsettings.cpp

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 5 22:55:37 GMT 2008

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> [snip]
> The point is:
>
> 	void * foo = 0;
> isn't necessarily the same as:
>
> 	void * foo;
> 	memset(&foo, 0, sizeof foo);

Um... in that case I'm not too horribly worried about platforms with
extremely esoteric ways of storing integers :-).

I've certainly seen code that assumes a "cleared" block of memory means
that any of that memory cast as a pointer gives NULL (e.g.
calloc(sizeof(foo)), where foo is a struct containing pointers).

--
Matthew
For great justice!! -- Captain (Zero Wing)