serious kfiledialog bug

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 5 22:20:54 GMT 2008

Lately I've noticed that when saving a file in kwrite, double-clicking a
folder does not change directories but activates the 'ok' button,
causing the file to be saved in whatever directory is current, using the
name currently in the file name text box, instead.

Anyone else see this, or has it been fixed in the few days since I last
built? This is pretty serious since it could lead to data loss (even
with the overwrite dialog, since you're not saving in the directory you
think you are, you might unintentionally overwrite a wrong file), and
regardless it leads to files strewn around in unintended locations.

(It's definitely in kdelibs, also; just tested with kolourpaint and saw
the same behavior.)

--
Matthew
For great justice!! -- Captain (Zero Wing)