Getting full path to a dynamic library?

Sebastian Trueg trueg at kde.org
Wed Dec 3 15:42:57 GMT 2008

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 December 2008 13:37:10 Sebastian Trueg wrote:
>> As far as I can tell QLibrary only gives us the filename of a
>> dynamically loaded library. However, I need to determine the full path
>> for usage in ODBC. Does anyone know how to determine that in a platform
>> independent manner?
>
> Sorry, what?
>
> Are you talking about QLibrary::fileName() ?

:)
well, an example. I need the full path "/usr/local/lib64/virtodbc.so"
and all I know is the name of the lib, ie. "virtodbc". Now QLibrary can
find the lib AFAIK using the dynmic linker:

QLibrary lib( "virtodbc" );
lib.load();

now the lib can be used. Thus, the path to the lib file has to be
available somewhere. However, the documentation of QLibrary states that
fileName will only return "virtodbc.so" without the dir path.