include the svn revision in the --version info (wish 162179)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Dec 2 10:28:49 GMT 2008

On Friday 21 November 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> This only runs if cmake runs. I.e. you can get a lot of updates via svn up but
> as long as no cmake file is changed this doesn't run again, so you will have
> a wrong svn revision.
> I wouldn't put it in as it is now.

But as it is now it would recompile everything that includes kdeversion.h
when cmake runs (which is already often enough), while if this is updated
whenever svn up is done, then after _every single update_ we'll have to
recompile everything that includes kdeversion.h? That's deadly.
I'm against this, it would kill productivity.