[patch] QHttp and QFtp forbidden in KDE

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Aug 29 13:05:19 BST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Those two classes are not allowed in KDE code. They won't follow the KDE
> settings, so using KIO is mandatory.
>
> The attached patch will accomplish this by causing any code using them to
> fail to compile.

And thereby screwing all 3rd party users that still try to keep up with KDE
and use it?

I don't think that enforcing a policy by technical tools is the right way to
go. I'd be fine in adding those #define's to kdebase/*, but not to kdelibs so
that anyone trying to compile his 3rd party app against kdelibs has to suffer.

Greetings,
Dirk