Internal Stuff in APIDOX

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Aug 27 14:40:32 BST 2008

Howdy,

A few notes about documenting internal classes and class members with doxygen...

If you don't want the documentation for the file foo.h to show up at all on api.kde.org:
  1. rename foo.h to foo_p.h.   we automatically ignore _p.h files
  2. add the line //DOXYGEN_SET_EXCLUDE=foo.h to the project Mainpage.dox

If you want the file to show up on api.kde.org, but you don't want certain parts
of the file to be processed:
  put a conditional around the internal parts, like so:
        @cond INTERNAL
        @endcond
  we never define INTERNAL, but you can define it yourself in Mainpage.dox
  if you ever choose to do so at a later date

If you want the internal dox to be shown, but you want them marked as such
then use the @internal tag.  @internal will be replaced with "For Internal Use Only"
on the output files.

Send questions to apidox at kde.org