How to create a non-modal KMessageBox?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Aug 26 14:48:24 BST 2008

 Hello,

 %subj%? I.e. without the function re-entering the event loop? Since I need a
dialog in a kded module and as such it's a pretty bad idea to do that.

 I can see there is KMessagetBox::NoExec, but I have absolutely no idea how to
use it, since if I pass it to e.g. KMessageBox::questionYesNo(), I won't get
anything useful. There is KMessageBox::queuedMessageBox(), but again, I don't
get anything useful out of that. And finally, I see
KMessageBox::createKMessageBox(), which however after looking at the sources
should be rather named createKMessageBoxButDoOnlyHalfOfTheNeededStuff().

 I am missing something about the usage? Otherwise for the usual sorry(),
questionYesNo() etc. statics I will add createXYZ() methods that do the
functionality and make the statics just use that and execute the dialog.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz