Storing per directory settings

Adrien BUSTANY madcat at mymadcat.com
Fri Aug 22 18:26:57 BST 2008

Hi there,
a talk has began on the xdg list on how we could standardize the way we
store directory specific settings (as sorting, custom icon etc.). While
the sorting options might vary among different file managers, having a
standard for custom icons and icon size for example would be great. The
behaviour would be implemented in the underlying desktop environment
libs (kio/gio), so it would be transparent for applications.
We'd like to have more feedback on that issue from "real" developers,
you can read the thread here :
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2008-August/009808.html .

Cheers
Adrien Bustany