Review needed: Add support of lzma in KDE

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Aug 24 08:26:05 BST 2008

Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
>hi,
>
>in mandriva we use lzma to compress some tarballs, manpages, ... so we
>needed to add support to lzma into KDE, which have been done by Per
>Øyvind Karlsen
>
>Can someone review the two patches and tell me if i  can commit  them
>into trunk ?

Wrong list. kde-devel is for development of applications with KDE;
kde-core-devel is about development of KDE.

Cross-posting there. When replying, please remove kde-devel from the Cc.

>http://kenobi.mandriva.com/~neoclust/kdebase-add-lzma-support.patch
>http://kenobi.mandriva.com/~neoclust/kdelibs-add-lzma-support.patch

In kdelibs/kdecore/compression/klzmafilter.cpp, you have a #define with
two underscores. Two underscores are reserved, so you must be changing
some gcc and/or glibc specific configuration. Can you find a solution
without that?

A few lines in the same file have tabulation, while most don't. That's
probably unintentional. Before committing, please remove the tabs. (same
for kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/strigibackend/sopranoindexwriter.cpp)

In kdebase/runtime/doc/kioslave/lzma.docbook, you have
<author>&Lauri.Watts; &Lauri.Watts.mail;</author>. Did Lauri really write
that file or did you copy/paste from somewhere else? I don't know the
policy here...

In all the patch looks fine and I'd say commit.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358