Making kwallet more secure

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Aug 23 23:41:27 BST 2008

On Saturday 23 August 2008, Michael Leupold wrote:
> (Note: The "security" I talk about is only meant to secure against
> attacks from malicious software and malicious people who get access
> to your computer).

As others have already pointed out there's no way to secure against such
attacks. If malicious software owns your computer (or your user
account) then you are doomed in any case.

kwallet protects passwords stored in the file system against adversaries
who _only_ have read access to your hard disk. No more, no less.

Regards,
Ingo