KTip rework suggestion

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Thu Aug 21 00:46:24 BST 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> On Akademy I thought we could make tips be 'parallel' with the application
> usage. The idea is to give short hints to the user.
>
> What do you think ?

I like the idea but you may also want to get kde-usability involved.  I think
the X button should be more clear as to its purpose (i.e. does this close the
widget now and it pops up next time, or is it gone for all time?).  One way I
can think of is to add a "Don't show tips" button (which would make the X
button a temporary close) but I'm sure there's better ways.

Also, I get the impression it would be distracting to be trying to work with
an animated widget, it may be better to add arrow buttons and make the
transitions occur manually.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne