JPEG Thumbnailer

Andre Gemünd scroogie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 17:49:11 BST 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:05 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

> Remember: the only reason QFile was mentioned in this thread wasn't
> because of "forgetting to close". It was to encode the name properly from
> QString to the 8-bit format.

Hello everyone,
it's a delight to read this discussion, but about the original issue, what
is the conclusion I should draw now. Is the file buffer
also closed when the QFile leaves scope, although I fdopened it's handle? Or
should I use auto_ptr with a custom delete, or should I even use a class
that closes the file in its destructor? :)

Greetings
André