system-config-printer-kde in KDE SVN

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 20 17:36:25 BST 2008

Hi, I'd like to propose Kubuntu's system-config-printer-kde goes into
kdeadmin for KDE 4.2.

It is a tool to configure printers with CUPS, since kdeprint went away
with KDE 4 we have lacked any printer configuration tool.  It is a
port of the Gnome system-config-printer by Red Hat to KDE and uses
PyKDE and PyCUPS.

Screenshot
http://www.kubuntu.org/~jriddell/tmp/system-config-printer-kde.png

It is unfortunately not complete compared to the Gnome version, but it
does allow users to configure useful CUPS and printer options as well
as adding new ones (when they havn't already been detected by
printer-applet or advertised on the network).  I hope to keep working
on it to include all the features of the Gnome version and to make it
conform to the UI review done by Celeste.

Richard Johnson has volunteered to write some documentation.

Please try it out now from kdereview and let me know how it works for you.

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdereview/system-config-printer-kde/

Jonathan