Fixing up kinfocenter/pci

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Aug 7 16:44:23 BST 2008

The PCI data module for kinfocenter adds -fpermissive (a gcc-ism) to the
compile flags, to compensate for its use of nested anonymous unions and other
non-standard things. I waded through it, named all the unions and generally
hammered into compilable shape without -fpermissive. The patch is 80k, so not
attached but available at http://www.bionicmutton.org/tmp/kpci.diff . Some
parts of the code look dodgy to me, like some unions which look like they
should be structs instead and some unions of members with different sizes --
not to mention that all these binary structures are using integer types as if
they have a fixed size instead of uint_8_t or uint16_t .. anyway, does the
patch look sensible to commit in 4.1 branch and trunk?