drkonqi and backtrace analysis

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Tue Aug 5 13:58:24 BST 2008

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 09:41:42 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Loaded symbols for /lib/libnss_files.so.2
> 0xffffe424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
> Missing debug package(s), you should install: OpenEXR-debug bzip2-debug
> dbus- debug fontconfig-debug freetype2-debug gamin-debug gcc-debug
> glib2.0-debug ilmbase-debug jasper-debug lcms-debug libice-debug
> libjpeg-debug libmng-debug libpng-debug libsm-debug libtiff-debug
> libx11-debug libxau-debug libxcb-debug libxcomposite-debug libxcursor-debug
> libxdmcp-debug libxext-debug libxfixes- debug libxft-debug libxi-debug
> libxinerama-debug libxml2-debug libxpm-debug libxrandr-debug
> libxrender-debug libxtst-debug mesa-debug pcre-debug sqlite3- debug
> zlib-debug
> (gdb)
>
> I have no idea how gdb comes up with that list. But the fact that gdb links
> to librpm-4.4.so and librpmdb-4.4.so may be an indication.

This is a specific mandriva patch on gdb to point all referent packages which
contains debug information from the linked libs in the application you are
using. Since we're not have debuginfo-install as fedora, we need use buildid-
locate.
The patch:
http://svn.mandriva.com:80/cgi-
bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/gdb/current/SOURCES/gdb-6.8-buildid-locate-
mandriva.patch?view=markup

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro