Qt SVG renderer

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Mon Aug 4 17:41:07 BST 2008

On Monday 04 August 2008 08:55:18 am Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> Il Sunday 03 August 2008 20:49:14 James Richard Tyrer ha scritto:
> > I would suggest using Apache Batik/Squiggle as the standard for SVG
> > rendering since InkScape doesn't do everything correctly either.
>
> I don't think we can reasonably depend on that code, and inkscape is the
> reference tool simply because it's the one we use for drawing.
> Think of it as a little IE if you want, but that's for now the only
> reasonable product on the market that lets you edit and draw SVGs.

One major reason people hate IE is not because it imperfectly implements the
standards, but because its imperfect implementations *are* considered the
standard. In the HTML/CSS world, people who want cross-browser compatibility
test their pages in more than one browser. We can do the same with SVGs. Use
whatever editor you want, but test the finished image in more than one
renderer.

--
David Johnson