to all CMake 2.6.0RC9 users: please update kdelibs/cmake/modules/ NOW !

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 30 01:09:18 BST 2008

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Saturday 26 April 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 26.04.08 19:48:55, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> some KDE modules (kdepimlibs, kdesdk) use Boost, and cmake 2.6.0RC9 (no
>>> other version) has a problem in FindBoost.cmake, which causes cmake to
>>> fail when it runs on these modules.
>> I haven't seen problems with the FindBoost.cmake in kdevplatform/ so
>> far, so maybe we should move that one to kdelibs and when depending on
>> CMake 2.6 remove it. The on in kdevplatform works with CMake 2.4.8
>> (haven't tested earlier versions) and supports almost the same stuff as
>> the new FindBoost.cmake in CMake 2.6 RC9
>
> I added the one from cmake 2.4.5 - 2.4.8, and once 2.6.0 is released, I'll
> remove it again.
> If the one fron 2.4.5 is not good enough, we'll have to add what you propose.

Heh, a while back I proposed moving the one from kdevelop (which I
modified rather heavily to get it to work with a user boost in a
non-standard location when the system boost is inadequate), but never
got around to it. But I guess the enhancements aren't critical enough to
lose sleep over, and when we move to cmake 2.6 I guess it won't matter :-).

--
Matthew
Yesterday, I thought of the best .sig that has ever been contemplated.